Gezinus J. Hidding, Ph.D.
"Helping People Conceptualize
at the Front-end of the Life Cycle"
Phone: (312) 915-7059
Associate Professor in Information Systems at the
Quinlan School of Business of
Loyola University Chicago
SPECIAL AWARDS and HONORS
Founder and Managing Member of Hidding Investment Management, LLC
INTERESTS (click here for details)
- Funding the Aart Bosman prize, awarded by the University of Groningen, the Netherlands
- Sam M. Walton Free Enterprise Fellowship of the Loyola University Chicago chapter of
Students In Free Enterprise (SIFE)/ENACTUS (2009-2015)
- Loyola University Chicago Faculty Mentor (2008-2011)
- Best Paper award at the Applied Business Research Conference, Orlando, January 2010
- 'Hall of Fame' referee for the Information Systems Journal (2004)
- Loyola University Chicago's School of Business Administration's
Faculty Member of the Year Award (2002) and Teaching Innovation
- Promoted (early) to Associate Professor with tenure (2001)
- Best Paper nomination in the Organizational Systems and Technology
Track of the Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (1999)
- ICIS Doctoral Consortium, Tucson, AZ (1984)
- William Larimer Mellon Fellowship to pursue doctoral studies (1982-1985)
- Listed in Marquis Who's Who in America (2000-present), the National Register's Who's Who
in Executives and Professionals (2004-present) and in Who's Who in the Midwest (1998-1999)
- Management of I.T.-intensive Projects
- Ignatian Pedagogy Paradigm
Fundamental Principles of Personal Investing
- Teaching at all levels from Executive MBA to undergraduate. Instructor ratings range 3.9-5.0; average 4.4 (out of 5).
- Developed a student-centered teaching philosophy
Loyola University Chicago (1996-present): Introduction to Business Systems,
Project Management, Requirements Analysis and Communications, and Systems Analysis and Design;
Loyola University Chicago (1996-present): Applications of eBusiness
Technology, Strategy and I.T., E-commerce Strategy, and Intelligent Business Systems.
EDHEC Business School, Nice, France (2005-2007): European Business Development.
Carnegie Mellon University Information Networking Institute (1993): Introduction to Business,
University of Pittsburgh (1985): Introduction to Operations Research.
- Executive MBA:
Loyola University Chicago (1999-present): Project Management, and Strategic Use of I.T.
- Executive Education:
Loyola University Chicago (1999-present): Strategy and I.T. in the eBusiness Certificate Program and in the mini-MBA program,
Project Management in the mini-MBA program; and Strategic Business Value in the Advanced Project Leadership program.
Carnegie Mellon University (1992-2002): Various seminars on Global Information Management, Strategic Use of Information
Technology, E-Commerce Strategy, and Knowledge Management.
Andersen Consulting (1986-1996): Various seminars on Learning Organization, Knowledge Management,
Andersen Consulting Methods, Method Engineering, Business Reengineering, Knowledge
- Continuing Education:
Loyola University Chicago (2008-2011):"Fundamental Principles of Personal Investing".
RESEARCH EXPERIENCE (click here for details)
- Over 30 peer-viewed publications in, among others, Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce, Journal of Information Science and Technology,
Journal of Strategic Information Systems, Human Systems Management, Communications of the ACM,
Knowledge and Process Management, Competitive Intelligence Review,
Mathematical Models for Decision Support, and in proceedings of HICSS, AIS and ICIS.
- Founder of a group of practitioners that aims to improve the practice of project management through
a new approach: Value-Driven Change Leadership (VDCL).
- Presentations at various conferences: Project Summit, IBER, Athenian Policy Forum,
IFIP WG8.2 Conferences, INFORMS, CITEC, ASA, Knowledge Imperative
- Regular reviewer of papers for various research journals and
- Founder and Managing Member of Hidding Investment Management, LLC (2014 - present).
- Founder and CEO of You Rent It, Inc. (2001 - present).
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of
Verhuur.nl, an Easy2Find B.V. company, in the Netherlands (2001 - 2010).
- Member of the Boards of Advisors of Chicago-based technology companies: CentraCom, Inc. (2001-2006), CouponWerks
(2004-2009), TEKChand LLC (2001-2004), RocketCheck.com (2000-2002) and Eolas Development
- At Loyola University Chicago:
Organized and supervised student projects in
Requirements Analysis and Communication for organizations in the Chicago area, and Asia (2012 - present).
Member of the Strategic Planning Committee of the Quinlan School of Business (2015).
Member of the EMBA Strategic Review Committee of the Quinlan School of Business (2013).
Conceptual leadership of revising the undergraduate IS curriculum (2006 - 2012).
Member of the Advisory Board of Executive Education Project
Management programs (2003-2006).
Organized and supervised many student projects in
eBusiness Strategy for organizations in the Chicago area, other parts of the US, Mexico and
the Netherlands (1997-2005).
Member of the eLearning task force (2004).
Conducted a review of the undergraduate IS curriculum and a strategy
review of the MSISM program (Spring 2004).
Elected member of the School of Business Administration [Faculty]
Advisory Committee (2002-2004). Member of MSISM Executive
Committee, which deals with Admissions,
Curriculum Development, etc. (2000-2002). Member of the School of
Business By-laws committee (2001-2002). Member of university-wide
Distance Learning Committee (2000). Elected member of working group in
the Graduate School of Business to define curriculum for E-commerce
specialization (2000). Headed project to design and implement web-based
syllabus system. Supervised graduate assistants in web development.
- Independent Consultant: Advised a large multinational software vendor on platform strategy (2010). Advised the (National Library of
Medicine funded) IAIMS project at Loyola University Health System
(LUHS) regarding requirements analysis for a datawarehousing project, proposal
development, and project evaluation (2001-2003). Advised various
companies in strategic use of IT and Knowledge Management.
- Andersen Consulting. (1986-1996) Generally received "outstanding"
performance reviews. Was promoted 5 times. AI/Knowledge Based systems in
US and France. Conceptual leadership on multi-year program to re-engineer
the firm's methodologies from all competency groups for world-wide practice.
PUBLIC SPEAKING - QUOTED IN (click here for details)
- Regular Appearances in the Press: Local as well as National; Print as well as TV
- Gave Invited Lectures to Executive Audiences in Europe, the U.S., and Japan.
- Languages: English/Dutch: fluent; French/German: passive: fluent; active:
- Professional affiliations: INFORMS, Society for Information Management (SIM), Beta Gamma Sigma.
- Personal interests: Music, especially playing the drums and piano.