Gezinus J. Hidding, Ph.D.
- "The Role of Outside Experts in a Project-Based Course in I.S."
at the Clute Institute's International Business/Education Conference, held in San Juan, PR, on March 23-25, 2015.
- "From Risk to Resilience: Managing the Unexpected" (with Serhat Cicekoglu)
at the Family Business Network conference, held in Chicago, June 4-5, 2015.
- "How to Think About Personal Finances after Graduation"
at the Graduate School of Loyola University Chicago, given on February 16, 2015, on April 15, 2014.
- "Re-assigning CIO's Diverging Responsibilities Throughout the Business" (with Tony McDonald),
at the Society for Information Management (SIM)'s SIMposium, Boston, MA, Nov. 11, 2013.
- Panelist on "IT Workforce: Point-Counterpoint"
at the Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS) in Chicago, August 17, 2013.
- Panelist on "Who, What, Where? In Search of a Home for I.S."
at the IS Education Conference (ISECON) in New Orleans, November 3, 2012.
- Panelist on "Facing the Future in Technology: The Three Most Important Things to Prepare Students for Success"
at the IS Education Conference (ISECON) in New Orleans, November 2, 2012.
- "(Non-)Use of Textbooks Along with Online Learning" (with Ron Kizior)
at the Focus on Teaching seminar at Loyola University Chicago, January 13, 2010.
- "Reducing Project Failures Through Value-Driven Change Leaderhip (VDCL)" (with John Nicholas and James
Nowotarski), at Project Summit/ Business Analyst World in Rosemont, IL, Nov. 16, 2009.
- Panelist on "Student Feedback" at the Focus on Teaching seminar at Loyola University Chicago, August 13, 2008.
- Panelist on "How to Grow Sales in a Slowing Economy" at a Thought Leadership Series hosted by PayPal,
in Chicago, March 13, 2008.
- "Reducing Project Failures Through Value-Driven Project Leaderhip (VDPL)" (with Mark Bills, James
Nowotarski, and Paul Tedesco), at Project Summit/ Business Analyst World in Rosemont, IL, Nov. 13, 2006.
- "Value-Driven Project Leaderhip (VDPL)" (with Paul Tedesco), phone conference to 290 at&t project managers,
August 9, 2006.
- "Value-Driven Project Leaderhip (VDPL)" Panel presentation and moderator at the Chicago chapter of Software
Process Improvement Network (CSPIN), February 3, 2005.
- "Why Projects Fail and What To Do About It" 'CSA Explains' seminar, Chicago Software
Association, Chicago, February 11, 2004.
- "Why Projects Fail?" Panel Moderator at Executive Briefing Luncheon, Loyola University
Chicago, School of Business Administration, November, 2003.
- "Are There First-Mover Advantages in Business?" Executive
Briefing Luncheon, Loyola University Chicago, School of Business
Administration, January 29, 2003.
- "E-Business Strategy" Presentations at
2001 National Conference of the National Association of Tax
Professionals, New Orleans, July 12-13, 2001.
- "E-Business Strategy" Presentation at 2001 Controllers
Conference of the Illinois CPA Society, Rosemont, IL, March 21, 2001.
- "E-Commerce Strategies" Presentation to Financial Executives
Institute Chicago Chapter, January 2000.
- "Technology, Innovation and Business" Panel presentation
and moderator during the 50th anniversary symposium of the Graduate School
of Industrial Administration (GSIA) of Carnegie Mellon University, April 23-25,
- "Strategic Use of IT" Keynote presentation, Nihon Unisys,
Gotemba, Japan, August 1998.
- "Method Engineering: Experiences in Practice" IFIP WG8.1/8.2
Working Conference on Principles of Method Construction and Tool Support:
Method Engineering '96, Atlanta, GA, August 1996.
- "Creating a Core Knowledge Capital System" Knowledge Imperative
Symposium, Houston, 1995.
- "The Structure of A Learning Organization" One-day conference
of the ASA at the University of Illinois, Chicago, 1995.
- "New Strategy Thinking and Its Information Technology Implications"
Plenary presentation at CITEC'92 (a CEO/CIO Conference), March 1992, Madrid,
- TV Appearances:
- Channel 26 morning business show (on mini-MBA Executive Education programs), May 11, 2004.
- CNN Morning Show (on state of the economy, with MBA students) March 15,
- AT&T Cable ("Newsmakers", on e-Commerce and m-Commerce) January, 2001.
- Channel 2 News (on Year 2000 bugs) September 9, 1999.
- Chicago's Channel 23 ("Business Newsmakers", on IT skills shortage) November
- The Ron May Report ("IT here is even bigger on Services Prairie") March 9, 2009.
- (in Dutch) Bond, magazine for high net-worth individuals in the Netherlands (on alumni giving to universities in
the Netherlands), June 2006.
- (in Dutch) Broerstraat 5, magazine for alumni of the University of Groningen (on initiating the Aart Bosman award
for best Ph.D. dissertation in Information Systems in the Netherlands and Belgium), December 2005.
- ArcLIGHT, the Illinois Coalition newsletter ("In eBusiness Technology Markets, First to Market a
Slippery Slope for Many), April 29, 2003.
- Chicago Tribune, Silicon Prairie (on e-Business Curriculum) May 29, 2000.
- The Ron May Report (on Peapod.com) April 25, 2000.
- Crain's Chicago Business (on Online MBA Courses) March 1, 1999.
- US News & World Report (special issue on 20 Hot Career Tracks) October 26, 1998.
- Internal Publications:
- Article "First movers in e-Business Lose Dominance," Loyola World, February 14, 2003.
- Quoted in "E-commerce courses abound at Loyola", Loyola World, April
- Quoted in "Executive Education Program Forges Partnership with
Carnegie Mellon", Loyola World, November 11, 1998.
- Article "M.B.A. Students Help Business Think Strategically About
Information Technologies" about student consulting in my course, Loyola
World, April 2, 1998.
- Article "Maintaining School Ties" about giving part-time instruction
at Carnegie Mellon, Dialogue (an internal Andersen Consulting
publication), November 1995.
- Quoted in "A Methodology Framework for the Decade and Beyond",
Channels an internal Andersen Consulting Technology Services Quarterly